How to try out
Quickest way to try PLDroid is this:
- Install PLDroid from Google Play
- Press "Try the Trial"
- Set Host and Port to your real Piccolink server or use our test server (see below)
- Press "Back" to exit settings
- Press "OK" to connect to server
If you cannot use Google Play, contact us for trial license for APK-version.
Here you can see quick animation of PLDroid usage:
Any questions? Contact us.
We understand it might be sometimes hard to reach your production app with PLDroid for evaluation purposes.
You can use this server to try out our app:
- Host: demo.droidoro.ee
- Port: 2424
There are multiple forms inside test server. Most fields just return data back as "PopMessage".
How this works?
You might have Piccolink devices installed at the moment on your environment. It probably looks something like this:
When you replace your Piccolink devices with PLDroid, it will look like this:
That means you have to get Android device to same network where your host application resides, install PLDroid, define host and port* and you are ready to go.
You can keep using your Piccolink devices also - host application sees PLDroid just like another Piccolink device.
Serial port emulation
If your host application supports only serial port connections, you can handle it via software solution:
1. Download and install Eterlogic VSPE
2. Open "Virtual Serial Ports Emulator" application
3. First create new Connector device: Device -> Create..
4. Device type: Connector, click Next
5. Select Virtual serial port e.g. COM5 and then click Finish
6. Then create new TcpServer device: Device -> Create..
7. Device type: TcpServer, click Next
8. Local TCP port can be default 5555 and then select Source serial port COM5 and then Finish
9. Then click "Play" button, which Starts emulation
Now, change your host application to listen COM port 5 and connect PLDroid to workstation IP address, port 5555.
To run VSPE automatically, you can find instructions from Help->Help->Usage tips->Autorun.
Note: VSPE needs one-time-fee license ($24.95+VAT) per host application.
Mainly our app tries to behave as Piccolink device. On steroids.
- Supports Android 8 and newer (if you have older devices, we still might be able to support those, please contact us)
- Possibility to create multiple connection profiles and switch them easily
- Possibility to make it loud beep or silent
- Ability to map hardware keys to specific app buttons (e.g. Volume Down -> F8)
- Easier deployment by reading settings with QR code
- Quick barcode reading via camera (with redundancy to prevent mis-reads and optional flash control)
- Possibility to use device integrated barcode reader (or Bluetooth-connected)
- Enlarge numpad by swiping bottom row away (swipe from - (dash) / . (period) buttons)
On normal usage, PLDroid connects only to your defined host (application server, PLServer). Protocol itself is not encrypted so connection should be secured somehow (secure WiFi/VPN). Unsecured connection via public network is technically possible, but should not be done.
When installing our software from APK, it will activate license code from our servers. It will make secure HTTPS connection to license.droidoro.ee. This is only done once per device install. If your security policy prevents this, we can work out alternative methods on this. Contact us for this.
After license activation, our app sends information to us only on three cases:
- When user requests log sending from Settings -> Send logs..
- When app crashes unexpectedly
- When user requests license de-activation
Logs include PLDroid-specific logs and those are sent via secure HTTPS to us, crash-reporting.droidoro.ee. If preferred, you can host log server also locally.
After license activation our app works perfectly if all external connections are blocked. App only needs healthy connection to your application server.
If you want to just buy few licenses from us, it is 200€ per license.
Still, most of the cases are not that simple, so we have other licensing methods as well. Tell us your use-case and lets sort out the best solution for us all.